Northern White Cedar
- Notable about this species*
- The leaves are an important source of food for deer in the winter.
- The heart wood of this tree is very durable, and weather resistant, making it ideal for use in making shingles, barrels and fencing.
- Is becoming a viable alternative to pressure-treated wood.
Map to this tree.
Coordinates: 44.873579, -68.635516
* Source: “Forest Trees of Maine”, Centennial Edition, 1908 to 2008, a publication of the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry