We have a very active Volunteer Community and we’d love for you to join the many people who choose to spend their time doing what they love! Volunteers are the backbone and the life blood of the Museum.
- build and maintain the buildings
- restore and maintain the machines and equipment
- re-enact and teach about life in the 1800’s
- promote the Museum through outreach
- run events for children
- staff the giftshop
- camp on the grounds and help where needed, while enjoying the beautiful surroundings 24/7
- work and spend time with a group of people dedicated to keeping Maine’s lumbering history alive
Volunteer camping is a great way to experience all the museum has to offer!