Eastern White Pine
- Notable about this species*
- The Maine State Tree, it has been an important tree to the people of Maine for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
- In 1691, England’s Broad Arrow Policy was created to reserve pines 24 inches or greater for the Royal Navy. Such trees were marked with the mark of the broad arrow.
- The wood is used for many things, including furniture which is very popular.
- Lumber from Maine pines is sold all across the country and in Canada and Mexico.
Map to this tree.
Coordinates: 44.873461, -68.633567
* Source: “Forest Trees of Maine”, Centennial Edition, 1908 to 2008, a publication of the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry